Record ratification procedure
1. A record attempt report is sent to the record committee chair (RCC) by email or mail. If the RCC is unable to process the report, the job may be delegated to another member of the record committee.
2. The RCC checks the report for completeness, processability and formal conformity to record report requirements (which record, when, where, who, observers, signatures, declarations, etc.). If the check fails, the RCC returns the report to the author with decent explanations. The RCC digitalizes all material for further processing (in this case timelines can be extended).
3. The RCC takes care that all material sent in is accessible via internet to the WHPVA board and record committee members.
4. The RCC notifies the WHPVA board about the new pending record report via email to email@example.com.
5. The RCC invites record committee members to review the pending record report. At least three reviewers must agree to do the review. The RCC may be one of the reviewers.
6. The reviewers complete their review and return their comments within ten working days. It is expected that the reviewers write a report that describes what they have checked. The reviewers rate the record attempt report either with 'accept' or 'reject'.
7. The RCC evaluates the reviewer responses. He or she makes sure that these are stored along with the pending record attempt report and are accessible to the WHPVA board and members of the record committee. The record attempt is accepted when a simple majority of 'accept' ratings from the reviewers is reached and no veto from the WHPVA board has been received by this time. The RCC may decide to go back to step 6 if the quality of a review seems insufficient. Such a decision must be documented with reasons given an published later. Accepted reviews must not be repeated. The number of accepted reviews must not exceed five.
8. The RCC notifies the record report authors, the new record holder, the WHPVA board and the record committee about the outcome of the ratification procedure.
9. If the record attempt has been accepted, the RCC makes sure that the new record is published and archived on the WHPVA website along with all material collected which is necessary to document the record attempt
Steps 2-4: five working days
Step 5: five working days
Step 6: ten working days
Steps 7-9: five working days